ulmona’s red garlic has so many properties that most of the time they are unknown. Assimilated to a strong flavor, so much loved as hated, this old farming actually produces beneficial effects on our body.
Among the different varieties of garlic, a cultivation of uncertain origin, Sulmona’s red garlic stands out for its originality, with its characteristic strong smell. Behind its perfume, Sulmona’s red garlic, recognized as one of the most prized variety, hides some important properties that make it healthy for our body.
Native to central Asia, garlic is one of the oldest cultivated plants of origin. It belongs to the family of lilacee, its fruit is composed of many segments combined into a single bulb, the strong pungent smell is its best known feature.
Since ancient times, garlic has been valued both as food, which gives the characteristic flavor to the food, which as a medicine. Thanks to its active ingredients has antibacterial, antiseptic, mucolytic, hypotensive as well as being an effective regulator of the cardiovascular system. Even Hippocrates, the greatest physician of antiquity, who is considered the father of medicine, recommended using garlic for its healing qualities and medicinal.
Substances in Sulmona’s red garlic
Red garlic is mainly composed of sulfur as allicin, alliin, present in the bulb, and ajoeni. An enzyme called allinase is released during the grinding from the bulb. This forms allicin together with alliina. It is this composition that, oxidized when it comes into contact with air, determines the particular smell of garlic. The same enzyme allinase turns off if exposed to heat and it is for this reason that the cooked garlic loses some of its characteristic smell along with a good percentage, around 90%, of its beneficial properties.
Beneficial properties of Sulmona’s red garlic
- Antiplatelet: Red garlic prevents the formation of thrombi and emboli from thrombotic origin
- Antihypertensive action: Regular consumption of garlic allows us to control blood pressure
- Antiatherogenic action: This ancient cultivation prevents the closure and hardening of the arteries
- Antidislipidemica action: Sulmona’s red garlic helps regulation of cholesterol and triglycerides
- Antibacterial: Garlic is a positive application even in the case of infections of the upper airways and in catarrhal affections
- Antifungal and antiviral action: Antifungal action prevents the development of fungi, molds and yeasts, while the antiviral one makes garlic particularly suited to kill flu symptoms and viral infections
- Anti-inflammatory action: Using garlic in our preparations can help us fight and reduce inflammation of various kinds.
- Anti-tumoral action: Red garlic is one of those natural products that offer benefits in the fight against cancer
- Hypoglycemic action: It helps those suffering from diabetes, because garlic acts against the production of insulin in the body
Consuming Sulmona’s red garlic and its benefits
How much red garlic shall we consume and how to in order to benefit from its numerous properties? There is talk of a daily consumption ranging from one to three cloves of garlic, replaced with 20 drops of tincture three times a day, or with capsules of standardized dry extract at 18% (from two to four capsules per day). Are there side effects? You may encounter rare allergic reactions or intestinal disorders. A moderate assumption of red garlic is usually advised for those who suffer from gastritis, gastro duodenal ulcer, inflammatory bowel diseases and those who make use of anticoagulants and antiplatelet drugs.