Risotto “Anna” with red garlic’s tolle by Santino Strizzi Chef for Dimarino
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 PEOPLE
- 280 g of Carnaroli rice
- 2 Dimarino’s tolle of red garlic cut into little pieces
- ½ red onion finely chopped
- 6 leaves of borage cut into stripes
- 12 shrimps
- 8 peeled prawns
- 4 spoonfuls of Dimarino extra virgin olive oil
- water of ½ kg local clams
- 2 spoonfuls of brandy
- ½ galss of Cococciola d’Abruzzo
- 30 g of butter
- ½ chili pepper
- Shellfish’s fumetto (broth made with shellfish scraps and herbs after being sautè in a pan)
Open the clams and keep their water. Prepare the fumetto in a liter of water and when it’s ready (about 40 minutes) filter it, add the clams and keep warm. In a large pan, with a spoonful of oil, sear 8 shrimps and 4 prawns for 2 minutes, evaporate with brandy and keep aside for a while. In the same pan add the remaining part of oil, the chopped onion and the cut tolle of red garlic, let brown for 3 minutes at low fire, add borage, chili pepper and the cut remaining shellfish, let cook for 2 minutes. Toast the rice and after other 2 minutes evaporate with the Cococciola, keep cooking for other 15 minutes adding the shellfish’s fumetto and the clams water. In the end add the shrimps and, turning off the fire, add the butter and mix for a minute (the rice should be soft).
Serve on plates and decorate as desired, it goes well with a glass of Cococciola.
Buon appetito everybody and thank to our dear friend Chef Santino Strizzi to have realized this exclusive recipe for our company!